Where We Stayed:
We Stayed at the Alro NoMad located just right around the corner from Empire State Building. Overall it was a nice stay! Location was great as well. We were close to both the subway as well as some of the main bus routes, and although it wasn’t super close to Central Park we did walk there once from the hotel and it wasn’t that bad. Actually got to see more the city that way. Just expect a lot of walking! Like no wonder everyone in NYC looks in shape! We were getting well over 10k steps a day EASILY. The hotel also did have some great amenities that were did not use including a rooftop lounge and gym passes to some of the local gyms.
Where We Ate:
- Little Italy Pizza- These seem to be located everywhere in the city. It was our first experience of New York style pizza and it did not miss!
- Murray Hill Diner- Cutest little old style diner with great service! Perfect little breakfast spot.
- Yasouvlaki- Haven’t had this good of Greek food since when we were IN Greece. It’s located in Upper East Side, not far from the MET and Guggenheim Museum
- Famous Original Rays Pizza- I actually think about this pizza on a daily basis. It is also is completely inspiring me to make my own homemade New York style pizza soon!
- Also not going to lie we got Chipotle twice while we were there out of pure convenience since it was right around the corner from the hotel lol
- Empire State Building- Super cool views. I feel like this OR Top of the Rock is a must, but probably not both. Also Nick and I were not a fan of the whole remodel they did. Feels WAY to high tech.
- Top of the Rock- Very Similar views/ experience to the Empire State Building, but you actually get the Empire State Building in all your pics.
- Central Pack- The HIGHLIGHT of our trip! So so Stunning especially in the fall. I new the park was big, but I didn’t realize HOW big. So much to do and see.
- The MET
- Guggenhiem Museum
- American Museum Of Natural History- Probably our favorite museum out of the three. Probably could spend a whole week.
- Pay your respects at the 9/11 Memorial
- Washington Square Park
- Times Square at night
- Cosmic Eye- such a cool experience. They basically take a detailed photo of your eye. See below for our results. They are Located in both LA and NYC. It is a little time consuming if there is a line since the NYC location doesn’t do appointments, only walk ins.
- Chelsea Market- If we had more time we would have spent much of time here! We only knew it existed because Cosmic is Located at a booth inside.
Things we didn’t have time for:
- Liberty Island/ Ellis Island
- Liberty State Park
- Go see a Broadway show
- Brooklyn Bridge/Dumbo Manhattan Bridge View
- China Town
- Rockefeller Center- We did see the tree, but it was being set up still. A must to see AFTER Thanksgiving when its actually finished!