Vision Boarding, there is definitely something to it.
SO WHY DO IT?
- It is a way to organize your thoughts, wants, and needs. It shows you want is really important to you and where/what to channel your energy towards.
- It also shows you what is NOT (yes not), important to you. When you look at your finished board notice what is missing. What’s not on there may be something that you just forgot, and will then add. OR whats not on there you subconsciously didn’t put on for a reason.
- Its FUN!
HOW? I feel like we all know how but here are some tips!
- First decide whether you want to make a vision board for the new year (2018) OR is it more of a lifelong vision board like mine is.
- Cut up old magazines or posters or paper of any sort.
- Use Pinterest! most of my pictures are pins of mine that I have pinned, repined, and pinned again. They are all images that have always spoken to me for quite some time.
- If you want to have specific words on your board and you can’t find them! You can always type it up on Word, find a nice font, and then print it!
- If you like how my whole board is full and you can’t see any background, use scrapbook paper to fill between the gaps.
- Stickers! Enough said.
- Washi tape.
- And don’t forget to put your heart and soul into it. You are not making this for anyone else but yourself. This is for YOU, YOU, YOU, and YOU! Don’t put anything on it that you feel is more for someone else than what you what.
As explained by Nick, “littles littles littles, you want to travel with littles, you want littles in pink things, you want littles with me, littles in tummy, and do yoga with the littles”. HEHE he is so cute. He said this when asked him to try and explain my board hahaha. He is going to kill me for this haha 😂.
Anyways there’s a lot to mine thats hard to explain. Well in my eyes there is defiantly a flow to it and every piece is connected to the pieces around it. To start out its theme is “Love”. Everything on it revolves around Love. Starting at the upper left corner and making my way around counter-clockwise the sections are self-love, love for Nick/my relationship, love for my future babies, love for my world/travel, love for friends, and love for the unknown. Although I did put like by like, I didn’t mean it to flow this well and to all circled around Love, which is kinda the beauty of it.
Take a look at the quote near the middle in pink. “She lives life in her own little fairytale”. This is very special to me because whether I am literally living in a fairytale or maybe its all in my head I want to feel like my life is perfect. Yes perfect. Perfect is in the eyes of the beholder, meaning having/creating your perfect life is totally possible. I don’t care what anyone thinks of my life or who I am, all that matters is that I like my life, and I like who I am. This board kinda shows ME how to be the best ME possible. What is right for me may not be right for you, that goes both ways, and thats totally ok!
Hope I have inspired you even just a little bit to get creative and maybe make yourself a vision board/dream board!
NOTE: If you make one, try to find a good spot for it somewhere where you will see it all the time. Bedroom, office, yoga space, gaming lair, or in front of the toilet haha. If none of these places work for you, take a really good picture of it and use it as your phone lock screen(this is what I have done!).
Remember, where your focus goes, energy flows.